WOODLAND PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk (and Responsible Financial Officer)
Woodland Parish Council is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person to fill the role of Clerk to the Parish Council and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
This is a part time opportunity to work with, and support, the local Council at Woodland with the flexibility to work from home. Equipment will be provided where required. Woodland is a small parish of around 200 electors with an annual budget of about £3,000.
The Parish Clerk will support the Council with a focus on preparing for and attending the regular six bi-monthly meetings per year, providing guidance to the Council at the meeting and following up on matters arising. Parish information at: www.woodlandparishcouncil.gov.uk
Hours: 144Hrs pa
(Arranged as 12 hours allocated to each of 6 annual meetings plus 6 hour per month)
Local Government SCP 7 – 12
(Currently £11.63 – £12.73 Per Hour, 2022-23 agreement)
Key tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as an advisor to the Council and ensure the Parish Council follows sound governance practices’
- Preparation of agenda and minute taking at meetings
- Following up on agenda items and actions from meetings
- Management of accounts, including maintaining financial records, banking reconciliation, HMRC Payroll, VAT returns and preparation of budgets for the Council
- Preparation of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return
- Management of the Parish Council website and its ongoing administration.
- Excellent administration and communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience in preparing agenda and minutes of meetings
- Experience in financial accounting/budgeting
- Experience in use of IT including email, word processing, spreadsheets and interne
- Previous experience as a Parish Clerk
- Possess the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CILCA).
The Closing Date is Monday 05th May 2023
Interviews will take place asap after this date.
Applications can be sent in writing, preferably accompanied by a CV, by emailing the clerk (acting) at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal chat you can speak to the chairman, Cliff Harding on 01388 718659, email email@example.com