Planning Applications and how to respond effectively
Thurs 7th October 6 – 8.30pm £10
Suitable for councillors and officers the training will comprise:
- A summary of the planning application process
- The role of the parish/town council
- How planning applications are assessed (including an understanding of ‘material planning considerations’)
- Practical advice on responding to applications (including do’s and don’ts, and reference to typical application scenarios)
- How a Planning Committee works, including tips for speaking at Planning Committee
Our presenter will be
Shaun Hanson. Shaun is a planning consultant and Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) with over 30 years’ experience of the planning system. He has worked for many years in various local authority planning departments dealing with planning applications as well as in planning policy. Prior to becoming a consultant, he was a Planning Advisor for the North of England with the RTPI’s ‘Planning Aid’ service. He is also a currently serving parish councillor with Ovington Parish Council
Registration and cancellations will close 48 hours before the course. After this time all live bookings will be charged whether the person attends or not, but non attendees will be sent the presentation.
The Zoom link will be sent out on Weds 6th October.
Participants are asked to ensure that they are named in Zoom, so that they are identifiable.