35 hours per week, split shifts, £10.00 per hour
Great Lumley Parish Council are looking for a Caretaker who will support the Parish Council in the running of Great Lumley Community Centre. The role will involve daytime and evening work and occasional weekend cover. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and locking up the building before and after user group activities, as required
- Greeting guests and liaising with hirers to ensure the smooth running of activities and the provision of best possible service to all users
- Setting up rooms as required
- Responsibility for all aspects of building safety and security during working hours
- Ensuring that all health and safety and fire conditions are complied with by all users
- Liaising with dedicated Parish Councillors regarding enquiries from potential hirers
- Cleaning duties, including communal areas of the building, rooms, toilets and kitchen on a daily basis
- Responsible for reporting maintenance issues
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively, work independently and on own initiative. Enhanced DBS check will be required.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and covering letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information or an informal chat, please contact Carol McAllister on 07950 575656.
Closing date Sunday 2nd October 2022