VACANCY FOR GROUNDS MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE
30 hours per week
The post has a varied range of duties including sports pitch maintenance, daily inspections and regular maintenance of Parish facilities and equipment including grass cutting and maintenance, hedge cutting/plant care and landscape maintenance, litter picking and emptying bins
Applicants must be comfortable working on their own initiative.
Applicants are required to be experienced and preferably have some experience of grounds maintenance and of operating and maintaining equipment and machinery
The hours Monday to Friday 30 hours per week
Salary £17160. 00 pa. The successful candidate will be members of the Durham County Council Pension Scheme. The full details of this vacancy and the application pack can be obtained from the Parish Council Offices or downloaded from the Parish Council web site Job Vacancy – Grounds Maintenance Operative 2023 | Framwellgate Moor Parish Council and returned to The Parish Clerk, King George V Playing Fields Pavilion, Front Street, Framwellgate Moor, Durham, DH1 5BL
Closing Date for applications Monday 19th June at 12 Noon
Interviews will be held on Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd June 2023
|Job Designation||Grounds Maintenance Operative (Framwellgate Moor Parish Council)|
|Location||Based at the Pavilion KGV Playing Fields, Front Street, Framwellgate Moor and Operating throughout the Parish of Framwellgate Moor at Facilities owned or operated by the Parish Council or other location within or outside the Parish as instructed by the Council.|
|Line Manager||Parish Clerk|
|Main Purpose of Job||To ensure a safe and appropriate maintenance of the council’s land and facilities promoting good environmental practice throughout.|
|Main Duties and Responsibilities.
1. Undertake duties as required within a work programme that ensure the Council lands and property are suitable for public access and enjoyment.
2. Ensuring the maintenance schedule is implemented as per seasonal requirements.
3. Tasks will include use of appropriate machinery / equipment commensurate with the maintenance of the open spaces e.g., strimmer’s, mowers, hedge cutters, chain saws etc
4. Maintain and prepare the football pitches, bowling green MUGA and tennis courts for hire.
5. To inspect and maintain play and amenity areas,
6. Undertake necessary training as required to operate machinery / equipment.
7. Responsible for ensuring personal protective equipment is used as required & adequate for purpose.
8. Required to drive the Councils vehicles both on and off site to transport equipment and goods.
9. Undertake maintenance tasks within the Council land, properties (and facilities) including minor repair work, painting, general maintenance to ensure a high standard of public service is always provided.
10. To promote environmental good practice by taking positive steps to minimise damage to the environment and disturbance to habitats.
11. To carry out regular daily duties including tasks such as litter picking, cleaning, and emptying bins.
12. To carry out safety inspections of the open spaces and play areas to ensure public access is safe and take corrective action as necessary where appropriate.
13. To record incidents / accidents which may occur on Council areas and follow the relevant policy.
14. Assist with the staging of events on Council land including setting up and dismantling of equipment and stewarding as necessary.
15. Undertake training as required.
16. To occasionally work evenings and weekends in line with the business needs of the Council.
17. To work outdoors in inclement weather
18. Undertake duties as required by the Parish Clerk
|The hours of work will be 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday organised between 7am & 7pm to suit the requirements of the job.
You may be required to work weekends and out of hours for emergencies or other Council activities.
The post is of a physically demanding nature for which manual handling assessments will be completed. The post holder must be able to undertake such physical tasks as indicated within this job description.
You will be expected to undertake any training and development appropriate to the current and future needs of the post.
The above duties and responsibilities do not include or define all tasks that may be required by the post holder. The duties and responsibilities may vary without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed
Health & Safety at Work.
The Health and Safety at Work Act stipulates that it is the responsibility of every employee to observe all rules governing health and safety and such safety equipment as provided must be used.
Framwellgate Moor Parish Council is an Equal Opportunities Employer and has an Equality & Diversity policy with which you are always expected to comply. The Council condemns all forms of harassment and is actively seeking to promote a workplace where employees are treated with dignity, respect and without bias.
Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act requires local authorities to consider the community safety implications of all their activities. Employees of Framwellgate Moor Parish Council should have an awareness of community safety and consider any community safety implications within their own area of responsibility.